We haven’t begun the Paleo Diet thing quite yet simply because that takes a lot more planning and preparation than I had originally realized!
Cleaning out the pantry? That was a breeze.
Being fully prepared to make the meals and have the snacks on hand and ready to roll? Not so easy-breezy.
Tonight I’m going to make up a meal plan and a shopping list and Sunday Morning it’s back to The Stone Age for us!
I’ve been back walking (other than to and from the car and around the office and house) and doing strength training for a week now with zero complaint or opposition from Ye Olde Knee.
Which means that Monday I can start back running!
Slowly and for short distances to begin with.
But running nonetheless.
I’ve learned quite a bit about . . . well . . . a lot of things really while I’ve been recovering and recuperating from this injury. But mostly these things:
- I have learned that if one doesn’t listen to one’s body when said body whispers about something being not right, one will listen when the body screams.
- I have learned that those bodies – given the time and attention they need to actually heal themselves – are amazingly resilient (and eventually forgiving) things.
- I have learned that you really won’t “Lose all my progress in a week!”
- I have learned that running (probably any fitness practice but running is my thing) is a lot more of a mental thing than I had given it credit for.
- And I have learned that running (again, probably any fitness practice) truly does change every aspect of your life. It changes how you eat, how you sleep, how you think about things. I catch myself saying things like “This neighborhood would be a great place for a run!” or “Oh now this would SUCK to run!” The difference generally comes down to hills.
Finally I know that I am so looking forward to the breathing hard and sweating that only a good run produces!