- It is completely possible to have an ugly run on a treadmill.
- This is possible when you are not properly fueled. Not enough protein or carbs eaten throughout the day and no protein/fat/carb (25/25/50) snack a couple hours before the run.
- This is possible when you are not well rested the night before. As in being waked up by the dogs who live in your house at 3 am and never really getting all the way back to sleep.
- This is possible when you have the absolute wrong workout clothes on because you didn’t re-pack your gym bag after missing the previous evening’s strength training workout. Non-wicking cotton shorts and tank SUCK for running! They are heavy and cumbersome.
- This is possible when your bottle of water (or in my case Gatorade) sat in the trunk of a car on a beautiful, sunny, 80° day – all day on that particularly beautiful day – and without thinking you take a slug of it that cramps your stomach because, well, 80+ degree fluids are hardly refreshing.
So with all this, I cut tonight’s run short.
However I did run one mile at a pace of 5.3 mph and a 1.5 incline. So it wasn’t a total loss.
There will be a prettier, smarter, better prepared run tomorrow!